1ad·ven·ture: an exciting or remarkable experience


About Me

My photo
Welcome to our Blog!! My name is Amanda and I've been married to my wonderful husband Eric since March 2010. We are new homeowners and just welcomed first child, Kennedy Sophia in June 2011. I work from home as a Disney Travel Expert and am loving it!! I have always wanted to do something I'm passionate about and now I'm doing it!

Monday, September 5, 2011

I'm that Mom...

Ok I always said it would never be me...I would never become that Mom. The fact that I'm even referring to being that MOM instead of that WOMAN says it all. When did I become that person that only talks about her baby? Who thinks strangers care about her poop? Who finds it hard not to talk to everyone in baby talk?

So today's post is 10 things NOT baby (or Mommy) related!
1) I love our new deck but to tell the truth...we've barely used it!  It either seems too hot or too rainy.  And honestly? Sometimes we'd rather veg in front of the tv  and I feel so guilty about that!


2)I love my new hobby!! Mom and I have begun selling little girl headbands. I love that it means more time with my Mom and doing something that is fun and creative!
3)A few new facebook pages have popped up that are releated to cooking with the Crock Pot. I really want to start trying some new recipes. Last night I made Buffalo Chicken. It was way too spicy for me but hubby loved it!!

I took 3 extra large chicken breasts and covered it with Franks Red Hot, Fat Free Ranch and low-fat Cream Cheese (I eyeballed it all).  After 4 hours I shredded the chicken and he ate it on Weight Watchers hamburger rolls. He LOVED it!!

4)Weight Watchers...I fell off the wagon! I lost 6 lbs and then got off track. Even after a semi-bad week I only gained 6/10ths of a pound. That's great news and bad news.  The great news is I didn't gain too much so I feel like I'm making smarter choices.  The bad? I only gained a little which makes it even harder to get started again! I really just want to drop the weight and feel good.  Especially before our big trip!

5)Only 82 days until our trip to Disney! It's been over 200 days since our last trip (I know I sound like an addict!!) 

I am excited for a number of reasons but I think I will leave that for another post!


6) I love our new car! We are leasing a 2011 Nissan Rogue and I love it! I know a lot of people don't care for leasing but when it came down to it, the math worked out better for us than leasing. Yes we will continually have a car payment but we don't mind that.  The only bad part is I want to drive it all the time!!



7) I really want to take some time and learn how to use my camera. I know it's pretty decent but I feel stupid when I use it. And I know my Dad will turn into Ansel Adams when we go to Disney but I'd like to be able to take some great pictures myself!

8) I hate doing laundry...more than any other chore around the house! I hate knowing there is laundry in the washing machine right now that has to be put in the dryer.  It just bugs me!!

9) I got to number 9 before I had trouble thinking of something non-Mommy related!! I'm so excited that Fall is here. The temp is only getting into the 60's today and I really would love some apple cider and donuts!! I can't wait to take Kennedy pumpkin picking!! Ooopps...I just ruined my Non-Mommy list!!


10)I love my job. I honestly feel I have my dream job. It's not always perfect but it's something I am honestly passionate about and  I feel so blessed!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am going to respond to all your things lol...
    1. We paid a ton for a covered back patio with a fireplace that we have never used in the 2 years we lived here. I want a fence and an outdoor couch so that I can lay outside and read on the patio.... but we haven't had that happen yet.
    2.I love your new hobby too! haha... I started a new hobby too but not to sell (at least not yet)
    3. The crockpot is my favorite way to cook and I can't wait until it is cool enough to do more often. I have tons of only crock pot recipe books.
    4. I don't do WW but I am with you on the wanting to get down in size.
    5. I am beyond jealous of your Disney trip... we went last summer and won't be going again until Payton is 3!
    6. We bought a rogue when Tim's lease was up on his old car... I drive it 95% of the time lol I love it and as soon as my car dies (which hopefully won't be for another few years) we are probably getting another one.
    7. Me too! I just found a class for mommys offered here. Its one day 6 hours... $250! We are waiting to see what is going on with Tims job (long story) before I sign up.
    8. Me too! But Tim does the laundry so I get off the hook
    9. Our temps are finally dropping too! Tim wants to go somewhere just so he can dress Payton in some cute fall clothes LOL (PS Payton has that outfit Kennedy has on in that pic lol)
    10. I got nothin here lol I am at the other end of the spectrum on how I feel about my job

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is an award for you on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete