1ad·ven·ture: an exciting or remarkable experience


About Me

My photo
Welcome to our Blog!! My name is Amanda and I've been married to my wonderful husband Eric since March 2010. We are new homeowners and just welcomed first child, Kennedy Sophia in June 2011. I work from home as a Disney Travel Expert and am loving it!! I have always wanted to do something I'm passionate about and now I'm doing it!

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Thanks to the kindness of strangers...

To say that I am overwhelmed at the outpouring of support from friend, family and, well...strangers, would be putting it lightly. In just about a week we have raised over $1,800! We are less than $500 away from our goal.

As thrilled as I am with how much we've raised, my heart is still broken. I wish every single day that we didn't have to do this. I keep hoping I get a phone call about the miracle that cured Caleb. It's not fair...no one should have to deal with this much less a little boy.

If you know me, you know that my family has a history of cancer, so this hits home especially hard. We lost my Dad's baby sister when I was just 12 years old. That was the first time I saw my Dad cry.  We also lost my Grandfather to this horrific disease and my family hasn't been the same since...and never will.  My dad was diagnosed last year with Thyroid cancer and I'm happy to report that as of his last appointment he is still Cancer free.

Thank you again to every single person...whether you donated $1 or $200.  This means a lot to me, and will to Caleb's family I'm sure.  We are so close to paying off their trip...a phone call I can't wait to make!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that this is happening! What a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea about your family history. I am so glad to hear your dad is cancer free <3

    ReplyDelete